Christian Henning

How do you prepare for golf season?

This off-season, I intend to play weekly unless it's snow on the ground. I'll also hit a bucket of balls a couple days per week.  Short game is usually my focus starting in mid-February. Chip and putt to get the rust off, then focus turns to on course work with at least two balls per hole. Cardio, lifting and mobility work continues year round. Also working on several at home drills to ingrain new movement patterns. I figure it will be another year before they are permanent. 🏌️

• Like 1

The good part about living in Oklahoma we really don’t ever get totally shut down, that being said I have been really been working on doing GTG’s for the past couple of weeks 1) Set up 2) Ball Position 3) chipping whiffle balls down the hall 4) putting on the mat, etc. that is the great think about this program if you will just pick out some GTG’s and work on them you will be way ahead of the game when season starts and the “rust” will be won’t adhere as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Prepare?  Here in the deep freeze the only options are to hit indoor simulators when they are available, or to utilize space like my attic to put a net up, just to get swings.  Otherwise, previously my preparation was mainly eating and drinking too much over the holidays, pack on some weight, go into hibernation until the weather breaks and go out and hack it around for 2 months until "I find something in my swing" that allows me to feel like some semblance of a golfer.  It's been like Groundhog Day over the years.  I'm not putting that into practice this year!  I'm hitting balls everyday and rolling putts, and beginning another Challenge.  I always launch the new Challenges, but lose steam about half way through.  I feel different about the RBC (at least through 2 1/2 days).  I must say that the new Bluetooth Scale I bought from Amazon has been a nice "accountability" partner, as I look forward to stepping on it each morning to see what happened over the last 24 hours.  There has been a direct correlation between how I eat and exercise, and the results on the scale.  

• Like 1

Prepare?  Here in the deep freeze the only options are to hit indoor simulators when they are available, or to utilize space like my attic to put a net up, just to get swings.  Otherwise, previously my preparation was mainly eating and drinking too much over the holidays, pack on some weight, go into hibernation until the weather breaks and go out and hack it around for 2 months until "I find something in my swing" that allows me to feel like some semblance of a golfer.  It's been like Groundhog Day over the years.  I'm not putting that into practice this year!  I'm hitting balls everyday and rolling putts, and beginning another Challenge.  I always launch the new Challenges, but lose steam about half way through.  I feel different about the RBC (at least through 2 1/2 days).  I must say that the new Bluetooth Scale I bought from Amazon has been a nice "accountability" partner, as I look forward to stepping on it each morning to see what happened over the last 24 hours.  There has been a direct correlation between how I eat and exercise, and the results on the scale.  

Some say don’t weigh every day. I think you should. It points out the bs we tell ourselves if we skip. It tells no lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1